Samstag, 24. Mai 2008

Walking in my grandmas shoes

My grandma told me when she was young, she was really stupid. She thought when a women gets a child her bellybutton would open and the child would fall out. She never talked about things like that with her friends or her mother.
As my grandma was in my age the company where she worked organized a trip to the countryside with a dance night afterwards. There she met a boy who obviously was attracted to her, so she danced with him. The boy was quite tall so her friend asked her what she wanted with a guy who would drown in the rain-pipe of the roof. She never saw that guy again, but she still remembers this day.
Later my grandma got to know my grandpa. She always tells me, that he was a very intelligent man and I think she was a little bit intimidated by that. My grandpa was a very good chess player, what he learned in his four years as captivity as a prisoner of war in Russia. He won many chess prices later in his life. Shortly after my grandma got to know my grandpa she bought her self a chess book, to learn chess and I think, also to impress my grandpa a little bit. My grandma never possessed much books, so I guess it was something special for her to buy this one. However learning chess didn’t really work for her, but she married my grandpa anyways. At my latest visit at her house she gave me this book.

Keine Kommentare: